Episode 1 (v2.0) release
- Added 5 new stages.
- Added 2 new enemies.
- Added 3 new weapons.
- Added 1 new boss fight.
- Added 2 new Versus stages.
- Added tons of new gimmick objects.
- Added Invasion mode for multiplayer. It comes with 2 stages, each with a unique Normal and Hard layout.
- Revamped Versus mode. Weapons are now given via roulette instead of pure RNG, and powerups come in via copters.
- Very Rude difficulty was completely revamped. Removed the speed modifiers, and instead each enemy type gets new abilities.
- E1M9 (previously MAP04) was totally revamped.
- Added Septacrash mechanic. Fill the meter by dealing / taking damage, and unleash a powerful screen clear. Stunning enemies with kick juggling also gives extra meter.
- Added lock-on, designed to make playing on gamepad easier. Press to keep your aim locked onto an enemy. Switch between "Hold" and "Toggle" style in the menu.
- Added cutscenes.
- Added the "jumbotron" to display all of the messages onto now. The jumbotron also displays robots, secrets, time, and boss health bars.
- Added hitlag to make the game punchier, and as a balancing tool.
- Added damage confirm sound effects.
- Key fobs & doors were given icons in addition to colors, to be more colorblind friendly.
- Damage flashing can now apply to the player.
- You can now shoot & kick at the same time.
- Increased pushback on all damage.
- Basic gun's last bullet now deals extra damage and pierces.
- The basic gun's ammo is now displayed on the HUD, to make it more noticeable how the mechanic works.
- Rapid Fire bullets now move faster.
- Spread Shot bullets deal extra knockback.
- Homing Beam was made slightly more accurate in Versus.
- Flamethrower now scales up and deals more damage on the larger end.
- Flamethrower has new prettier visuals.
- Added a particle & visual change when Bomb Blast misses, and it can no longer explode on contact.
- Added an explosion visual when Mirror Laser hits a wall and can't bounce anymore.
- Powerup dogs are faster and bite harder.
- Powerup dogs are now voice acted by my dog.
- Players drop health pickups when defeated in all multiplayer modes.
- Added a visual for splash damage.
- Added visuals for players / enemies overhealed above their regular HP.
- Made the hit confirm visual bigger when farther away from the target.
- Rebalanced all enemy HP.
- Buffed kick juggling. Enemies are slowed down more by it, making it possible to keep a juggle going for longer.
- Floating enemies now try to move up and away from the ground.
- Floating enemies are now pushed down when damaged.
- Floating enemies have a tiny bit of "grip" when they try to move in the air.
- Recoded a lot of robot AI to drastically reduce the amount of RNG involved. There should be only limited gameplay-related RNG left.
- Mine Snails' button is a lot more touchy.
- Cybrass is more aggressive with creating projectiles.
- Arsontops' attack switches side depending on the direction you're moving, so it's no longer any easier to dodge it from one side over the other.
- Terajolts now charge their laser at their old Very Rude speed.
- Terajolts now move with momentum, letting them gently float around while they fire their laser.
- Terajolts shields can now be pierced through.
- Buffed boss HP, to account for all of the buffs the player has gotten.
- Rebalanced time bonus. There's a slightly longer leniency window to get a high rank.
- Fixed Terajolts' laser being able to pitch up/down after being fired.
- Fixed missile sprites being centered on the bottom of the hitbox.
- This changelog is heavily condensed so there's likely a whole lot of other changes I missed!
Full Download (GZDoom + IWAD) 55 MB
67 days ago
Just the IWAD 44 MB
67 days ago
Mapping Configs 10 kB
68 days ago
Get Snap the Sentinel - Episode 1
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.